Department of Planning and Development
Department of Planning and Development – 2016
The Department of Planning and Development is composed of four units: Planning and Development, Lands, Estates, Water. There are four members of staff namely:- Revd. Sandra Mwebaze, Diocesan Planning and Development Officer; Revd. Capt. Francis Isingoma, Assistant Diocesan Planning and Development Officer; Revd. Canon Aston Bagarukayo, Diocesan Estates Officer; Revd. Canon Sam Tibyasa, Diocesan Lands Officer and Mr. Albert Tinamukama, Water Development Officer.
The following are the achievements that have been registered in each unit:-
Implementation of the Ten Year Strategic Development Plan 2015-2024 totaling to Shs. Twenty three billion which was approved by 24th Diocesan Synod has been going on in all Department of the Diocese this year 2016. A monitoring and evaluation framework has been developed in order to assess the level of implementation in each department.
PACE (Participatory Community Empowerment) is an ongoing programme aimed at lifting up household income and general family stability and development.
It has reached its climax of recent when the Planning and Development team was added on the Bishop’s team whereby “Household income campaign has proved very excellent.
Some of the examples include;-
Live stocking the household income generation exercise whereby cows have been introduced in homes and market gardening that has turned homes into enterprises with enriched food security.
- A stored new house at Ruharo was completed and is now occupied by the Bishop as a permanent residence for the Bishop
- The development that is ongoing is construction Extension of Church Plaza at Ankole Diocese house on Mosque Street, Mbarara Municipality at a cost of Shs.150million shillings.
- A number of church building and priests’ residence/staff houses have been completed in various Archdeaconries and Parishes.
- A ware house was constructed at Ruahro by Joint Medical Store and is being used as a store for drugs to serve the whole of Western region in both catholic and Church of Uganda Health related institutions.
- One acre banana Planation for staff meals has been established at Ruharo hill.
- The Diocesan Board room has been furnished and arranged with modern seating arrangements with a seating capacity of 30 people.
- A new vehicle has been procured for the Bishop to assist in his episcopal pastoral programmes
The task of the committee was and is to have all church land surveyed, stone marked, titled and those plots in conflict to be pursued through the courts to final settlement and all Church land to be fenced. Below is the record of the progress:-
- Church has 604 pieces of land (Sub-parishes)
- 52 land titles
- 8 land titles almost done
- 462 titles unprocessed
- 90 titles under processing
The three-year Rwera-Kitu Health and Water project which was supported by Africa Community Technical Services (ACTS) was implemented IN Ndeija and Bugamba sub-counties of Mbarara District; more especially in the parishes of Nkongoro, Rwentanga and Kibingo. Three gravity flow systems were completed, 83 tap stands were constructed supplying water to 255 houses with 9,251 persons. 83 tap stand committees were trained and established, 7 pipeline maintenance technicians trained and equipped, 42 public demonstrations on soil conservation were conducted, 236 environment protection awareness workshops were conducted, 52 windows formed mutual benefit societies and 120 literacy classes were held for adults.
The project cost was Ug. Shs. 1.6 billion. The project has ended and was fully commissioned on 15th March 2016 by the Rt. Rev. Fred Sheldon Mwesigwa in the presence of the Mbarara District Water Officer, the LCV Chairman, Mbarara
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WOMEN MINISTRY
Children’s Ministry exists to lead women in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We are friends: old friends making new friends, always allowing the circle to grow wider.We are sisters: accepting one another and challenging each other to grow in our faith.
CLICK HERE TO JOIN CHILDREN MINISTRY
Men’s Ministry exists to lead women in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We are friends: old friends making new friends, always allowing the circle to grow wider.We are sisters: accepting one another and challenging each other to grow in our faith.
CLICK HERE TO JOIN MEN MINISTRY